Monday 19 October 2015

My school magazine design.

Evaluation: 
The bold Masthead is convention for a magazine due to catching the target audiences eye, this will also help make the magazine more iconic. This is expected to appear on the top of the front page due to informing the audiences as soon as they look at the masthead, about what the genre the magazine is. 
My front cover features the school logo beneath the masthead, this if common due to the designers wanting to catch the target audiences attention, this will also cause the audience to instinctively know what the magazine is about due to linking the logo with their own knowledge, this is the reason I used the Plantsbrook due to the logo being well known and therefore informing anyone who picks up the magazine that its in relation to Plantsbrook school.
I also placed a puffin text to conform to a common magazine, this will give the target audience more incentive to pick the magazine up. This feature often are placed in the corner of the front cover so the offer is clearer and easier to notice therefore taking target audience into consideration.
To avoid confusion between anchorage text and coverlines, I decided to keep them different colours and place them in different locations on the front cover, while still keeping the colour scheme matching and effective. My colour scheme consists of the colours black,white,red and silver, this conforms to the conventions of a typical magazine front cover due to wanting the audience to find it attractive and pleasant to look at, furthermore, by making the magazine look more professional the developers benefit because it reflects upon the audience having a clear idea about the professionalism of the magazine and developers involved in designing the front cover.
My school front cover challenges conventions by having used pull text, which is a quote from an article used to entice the target audience into reading the magazine, on the front cover. This isn't seen very much on front covers, however I chose to go against convention due to wanting my magazine stand out to the audience and due to this decision my magazine will attract the audiences' interests due to becoming intrigued at a section of an article which is featured in my magazine.
My magazine has also challenged convention in relation to my main image, usually the designers and editors remove and edit buildings out of the main image so more attention is placed on the main attraction, this also stops the front cover looking too crowded. However, I decided not conform to their expectations due to deciding that the building involved in my image was important to the magazines image, and the image of the building is linked to one of my anchorage texts. Also in my opinion editing the building using fireworks would lead to the magazine looking incomplete and tacky.

The audience in which would be interested in my school magazine would be 12-18 year olds due my the feedback I received from my questionnaire, these ages are relevant because 12-18 year olds are the age ranges for the students at Plantsbrook.

I attracted my target audience by using puffin text , which is a freebie within the magazine , which persuades the audience to pick the magazine up, I have put a clear indication on my front cover so the target audience know that there is free stuff involved in my magazine.
Another way I attracted the audiences interests was by including a pull text on my front cover which will cause the audience to take an interest into my magazine.

2 comments:

  1. Sick blog mate really enjoyed reading it and what not.

    Keep up the smashing work you cheeky geeza.

    ReplyDelete