Friday 26 February 2016

Double page spread.

Article for Double page spread

The Crowmaintain anonymity behind a black and white mask which causes audiences left stunned at this musical genius' vocal range with the uber-aggressive style mixed with a soothing potent and unapologetic lyrics, which hit an emotional area deep down in every fan.  The Crow gave us an exclusive interview in which he said "The mask for me represents much more than just trying to cover my identity, with each album I change my mask/look, because I feel as my music evolves, I also evolve as a person so this one, specifically, is supposed to represent the person behind the mask, but then the person behind that person which is one of the reasons why its in two pieces in two different colours and you can peel the one off and its still a representation. So Its almost like having two faces, but its the same person. Furthermore, I feel like having a mask which I feel matches the personality and person within myself allows me to be true to myself because I've accepted that everything that has happened to me in my life... has made an impact to who I am today."  
The Crow, started out making a name for themselves with gigs in local and backstreet stages. He's been adding to his reputation for 7 years. The Crow who's real identity and appearance still remains unknown began climbing towards his dream with very little cash and hardly any possessions to his name which is clearly portrayed through the dark lyrics which mostly focus upon depression, anxiety, death, and other dark subjects which are a part of his and everyone else's reality.  He shared with us what his inspirations were to follow his dreams and make a name for himself as a teenage boy living on the streets, making money by performing in parks for the general public. Reason why so many people love and idolise him due to staying true to his roots even though his true identity is a touchy subject, he goes against the stereotype of a metal singer and composer. Instead of letting fame get to his head he regularly visits his local area's park which he spent most of his teenage years in. Furthermore, with every pay cheque he receives he donates 40% of his income to homeless charities and charities for children going through a rough situation at home. Even though his music displays him as a ruthless badass, The Crow has shown everyone his caring side,but he is still a BADASS nonetheless. 

Not long after The Crow started making a name for himself he was instantly signed to the record label Roadrunners Records, which help promote and distribute his first album 'Hypophrenia'. Which focus' on pain, heartbreak, sorrow and hard situations in every day life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment